Sunday, September 12, 2010

Woaw c'est super

This post is mostly meant for Laura and Gina so I hope you guys are paying attention!

It's raining here and I've been working on homework all morning. Last morning, three friends came over with wine and champagne and cous-cous and we made a delicious stiry with tandoori paste and cookies called choquettes for dessert. While we ate and drank and digested, we watched Marie Antoinette (the one that came out a few years ago) but mostly we talked over it. We talked in English but at the end of the night, we made a pact that the next get-together (this weekend. We're making milkshakes and my famous cake with mocha frosting), we'll speak only French. After they all left at around 10:30 last night, I talked to the Italian while I washed the dishes and then for about 20 minutes after I'd finished. (It's strange because we never talk during the day, it's always in the kitchen and it's always at night. Actually I don't think I've ever spoken to him outside the kitchen). We all made tentative plans to do something today but not until much later because we all have the same homework: 600 word essay, memorize a poem, read, and prepare for a debate, which is what I've been doing since I got up two hours ago (taking my time with it obviously).

I'm eating breakfast right now so I thought I'd take a little break and see what I could find as far as French television. Laura and Gina, I hit the jackpot: CODE LYOKO EN FRANCAIS. Thankfully there are only two episodes each week so I can't spend TOO much time with it but when I first heard the theme music, it gave me that giddy feeling like when you watch a movie that you haven't seen in a really long time or something at the theather that you've been wanting to see for ages. I'd forgotten how much I missed this show. I miss you guys, Laura and Gina. You seem to work yourselves into every conversation I have with my friends here because I'm always talking about 'When I was younger, WE...' and then of course I have to explain that 'we' means the three of us because we did everything together. I miss coming to your house after school and all three of us eating dinner together after CCD. I can't wait to come home and spend time with you guys.

PS While I'm thinking about it, if there's anything specific that anyone wants from Paris, let me know. Dad, you already kow that you guys are getting travel mugs so don't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment