Thursday, September 23, 2010

Rings

I need coasters that aren't books or my homework. The furniture here is all wood and it stains very easily from wet things. I am just going to pray that all the rings on this desk aren't entirely from me. The rings on almost every single one of my homework assignments however, are all me.

Last night the girl that lived here last semester came back to visit the Italian and she and her friend stayed here. I didn't know but she always spoke English with him, whereas I always speak French. I guess I just assumed that I should be speaking French but I guess he wants to practice his English. So now I don't really know what we're going to do. It was strange meeting her, like being connected in a very specific way. Like the kitchen and the bathroom and the shower and the Italian was all that connected us. She staed in Bri's room when she was here and I am staying in what used to be the middle daughter's room. We had the same stories about everything here and about the Italian, he wasn't here when she moved in either and we talked about that air of mystery and the first week or so when it was really awkward.

She's coming back to teach biology in the south of France; she said it was a Fullbright thing but it's really easy to get into. It's only for education majors but there are other programs to help students come back. I think I want to come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment